Tuesday, 24 April 2007

Week Seven Text Blog Entry- Describe differences in manners between NZ and own country

There are many differences in manners between New Zealand and my country, because my country is a very traditional country.I will talk manners about three ways. Although there are a lot of manners in my country, including eating, seating, talking to the old people, presents and so on.

Firstly, I want to talk about table manners. There are many manners about eating. It is completely different from New Zealand. For example, when it is time to eat dinner, we should not sit down the seat before the grandparents sit down. In addition, if we want to eat food, we could not eat everything before grandparents eating. In my country, people think this is a way of showing respect to older people. It have not these manners here, because I lived the home stay for three months. I saw the children can eat firstly. Grandparents and children are equal.


Secondly, appellation of people is absolutely different form New Zealand. One side, students should not call their teachers' names in the school, but students can call their teachers' names here. You can call their names in New Zealand, who are older than you. However, you can not call their names in China.

Finally, when we walk on the road, we might say hello for people, who we see and do not know them. However, we never do it in China.

No comments: